Ads!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hot Toys T-600 Terminator: Salvation

After we had our first child, my wife and I basically stopped going to the movies. Hence we have missed great shows like Transformers, Watchmen, UP and Terminator: Salvation...just to name a few. Even though I missed Terminator: Salvation, I was still drawn to Hot Toys T-600. They even had 4 versions of the T-600!

Hot Toys has set an extremely high standard for the 12" market and whenever they launch a figure we come to expect the best from them. Since we are all accustomed to how great Hot Toys figures are, I would like to nit pick on some negatives instead...:)

Hot Toys usually do fantastic packaging but for the Terminator:Salvation series, the Styrofoam packaging just does not work for me. I guess it was supposed to look like a metal box but to me it just looks like a grey colored Styrofoam box.
Another area which I can nit pick is the painting around its mouth. It seems to be of a different color as compared to the rest of the head. I am not sure if it is supposed to be like that in the movie but it looks kinda funny to me.
Well...that's all the faults I can find.

Now on to the good things about this figure. Basically, this is a solid figure with good sculpt and painting. It is pretty huge and together with its stand, it easily towers over all your 12" figures.
The T-600 comes with a gatling gun, ammo backpack and a bullet belt. I just love the sculpting and details on the gatling gun and the ammo backpack!

Overall a very nice & solid figure to have. It really captures your attention especially when on display. Every time I walk pass my display cabinet, I tend to turn and look at it. Because of this figure, I am also tempted to get the T-700.

The disappointing packaging










































































The batteries for the LED lights (at the eyes)


The cover for the batteries


The accessories






Imagine the T-600 as a medic






Towering over all my 12" figures














3 comments:

desmond said...

Bro, finally have your T600 and great score for this piece. I agree with you as I prefer the traditional box than the styroform box for packaging. Thank you for highlighting us that the colour painted around the robot's jaw is different from the rest of the head. I only realised it after reading your review here. Anyway, mine is similar to your T-600 too. I personally think that T800 is better than T700, but the price to get is expensive in the current market.

Armand said...

Hahahahahaha! You just crack me up Adrian!

The Rebel said...

I feel you man! When my son came into our lives last year, both my wife and I missed a great deal of movies too! But I guess its the catching up part that's really interesting... :)

Nice comedy sequences at the end, Adrian! Haha....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails