Ads!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention 2009 Part 1 - Little Plastic Man reports



It was great that I was given the opportunity to attend the Official Opening Ceremony of Singapore Toy, Games & Comic Convention 2009 today which was closed to public. Leon from Open the Toy managed to get media passes for us toy bloggers so that we could do some coverage of the event in our blogs. Thank you Leon and STGCC for the great opportunity to cover the event.
Before I start, I would like to add that I almost could not make it in time for the event. I was supposed to meet the other bloggers at around 5pm but I was still stuck at work at around 4.30pm. I have not even informed my boss that I wanted to take time off to go to the event.
However, there is no way I am going to miss this event so I decided to stop work, asked my boss for time off and rushed down...Ha Ha...I managed to make it.



Ok...my boss did not offer to drive me there.


The first thing that greeted me when I reached the convention hall was the iconic wall which celebrity artists will draw on. This is one of the attractions I look out for at STGCC. I could stare at it the whole day!









Being a fan of paper craft & an amateur paper artist, I was happy that I could meet up with some of the paper artists at STGCC 2009! It was really great to meet these talented people in person. If you are a fan of paper craft, do hop on down to the STGCC!

Roomism








Taking a photo with thunderpanda.
I am on the left...:)


Some nice paper craft but I do not know who was the artist




Articulated paper craft by saltnpaper






If you are into Hasbro products (GI Joe, Transformers, Mighty Muggs etc), you got to head down to the STGCC. Not only are the displays awesome but they are selling Comic Con exclusive items. I picked up the San Diego Comic Con exclusive Rise of Cobra 12" Baroness. More details and pictures of the Hasbro's booth at Juliana's blog.



12" Baroness






Great display of all types of Optimus Prime!
















There are still many more pictures of toys and displays taken on the first day of STGCC 2009. Will continue to blog in the following days. However before I end my part 1 report. I would also like to thank:
Leon (Open the Toy)
Juliana (Juliana's Toys Collecting Tips)
Dennis (Collect'em all)
Zhi Hao (Kudomut)
Bayu (Daily Silence)
Joshua - Thanks for giving up your goodie bag for me! (The Stormtrooper Effect) for their company at the event. It would have been less fun without you guys.
Please do visit their blogs as they too will be covering the event!

11 comments:

desmond said...

Bro, thanks for your quick event coverage..

Little Plastic Man said...

Sad you were not there bro...I will be there on Sat. Want to meet up!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Nice additional coverage on paper toy. You also can call your blog 'Little Paper Man'. Hee! Hee!

desmond said...

Adrian, I will be there on this Saturday and Sunday to help David to look after his booth. So, we can meet up there.

alex teo said...

nice to finally meet you in person :) looking forward to seeing more pictures

The Rebel said...

WHOAA! They had The Baroness???? *drool-faint-drool-and then faint again*!

How much was that selling for bro? I'd love to have that....thought of buying thru eBay but as usual, the ludicrous shipping cost killed my mood instantly...

LEon said...

GOod to meet up with you bro. Go for your dreams in paper toy. You have my full support!!!

Juliana said...

Hi Adrian,

Glad to have met you yesterday! That's a lot of detailed photos on the Hasbro booth. I was there most of the time :P

Hi The Rebel,

The Baroness is selling for SGD 79.90 at the STGCC 2009 :)

soloist said...

Hey~ thanks for introduce Roomism~

Unknown said...

hey...
great to meet you too.

:)

Little Plastic Man said...

Great to meet both of you Roomism and thunderpanda! I hope one day I can work with you on a project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails