Ads!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hot Toys Two Face / Harvey Dent

The latest addition to the Hot Toys TDK line is Two Face!
As usual the sculpt is simply amazing. Yulli is credited as the prototype sculptor at the back of the box, and once again she hits the ball out of the park! There is seriously nothing much to say...simply perfect.
The scarred side of Harvey Dent was not sculpted by Yulli but by an unknown sculptor. However the standard was still maintained. Kudos to this unknown sculptor.
JC Hong did the painting for the Bank Robber Joker and I was full of praise for his work, however this time round another nameless artist had done the painting...again the painting is just as good! With the challenge in painting the scarred side of Harvey Dent, I think the artist did a great job. Again kudos to this unknown artist.
Just like the Bank Robber Joker, the clothes are very well made and fit the figure very snugly. Hot Toys really go all out to make quality business suits. I really had fun posing Harvey Dent in his business suit.
Special mention to the material they used for the burnt half of the jacket. It's like some "rubberish" material on cloth...amazing.
The figure comes with two double-sided coins, a campaign badge with the words ‘I BELIEVE IN HARVEY DENT’, revolver, 2 head sculpt (Harvey Dent & Two Face), 4 hands, base & two jackets (1 burnt & 1 normal).
The satisfaction of getting my first Hot Toys figure (Bank Robber Joker) made me want to add on to my collection, hence I got Two Face. However I did not get the same excitement and satisfaction from this figure. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this figure. Actually it's a damn solid figure. I guess the reason is that the Joker made such a huge impact to the movie, Two Face in comparison is quite boring.
Overall, a very solid figure.

Not only is the sculpting good, so is the packaging.
Hot Toys really can do no wrong currently








































































The accessories




I still can't decide if I want to pick up
Hot Toys Iron Man...

6 comments:

Joshua said...

i seriously want this figure though i don't have the spare cash for it...


particularly like harvey in the movie cauz of the whole idealistic/hope and values and virtues he stood for in TDK...reminiscent of what we need in a time like this...

Armand said...

Heads! Get the Mark 3 Adrian!

Little Plastic Man said...

Joshua - Well said!
Armand - Stress!...LOL

Anonymous said...

joshua- dammit.....i'm facing the same predicament too! Don't have the spare cash to get Harvey ( tho' i have some reserves fr the upcoming Sideshow Vader!) but this is one FINE fig!

adrian - if u have the means, I think u shd get Mrk III dude! I'm mesmerized just by looking at the box! :p

armand - hows ur Mrk III? any issues? I'm planning to get Mrk I, tho' my wife is consistently persuading me to get Mrk II instead...heheheh

Ipodman said...

Wow... I love the Harvey dent mode... The two face scares me abit haha. The dude's acting in dark knight is amazing! Makes Heath ledger look like a joke (pun intended).
Nice blog too :)

Little Plastic Man said...

Thanks Ipodman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails