Ads!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Dollars & Sense

Doing business cases and finding the Return of Investment (ROI) for a campaign or project is part of my job. Hence today while I was calculating the ROI for a campaign, I started thinking. We often pray and hope that certain toy companies will produce the figures we want. I just wonder what are the business decisions needed to go ahead with the production of a certain figure or toy line. Do they think about how much to produce, expected amount sold, expected returns, branding over monetary returns & artistic direction over monetary gains.
At the end of the day, a toy company is still a business.
Just a thought...

3 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Beats me too! There is always a big risk when producing toys for new anime or movie. Nobody knows LOTR figurines will sell like hotcakes before the movie release.

Anonymous said...

I believe the toy companies consider all those factors you listed. They also have to consider the size of the fanbase, plan and coincide with related movies or cartoons, anniversaries, toy and comic conventions to sell their toys at the height of the interest. Not easy. Collectors want everything but it is not always profitable for the toy companies.

Little Plastic Man said...

I wonder if I can work for a toy company doing this...sounds fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails